The Regional Physicians Diabetes Health and Wellness Center is a comprehensive resource center providing education and resources toward prevention and treatement of diabetes. We offer nutrition services, wellness education, weight management, group and individual education for type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes and gestational diabetes as well as insulin and diabetes medication administration.
Our goal is to identify and treat asymptomatic people who have risks factors for developing diabetes, or who have pre-diabetes, helping to reduce their risk of complications, reduce their health care costs, and for those who have diabetes - help them regain their highest functional level, minimize the negative effects of the disease, minimize hospital visits and prevent complications.
We offer weight management and education and for those who have pre-diabetes, diabetes or suffer from obesity. If you have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes or with being obese by your physician, you can self-refer to utilize these services.
Diabetes Education and Management
- Nutrition and individualized meal planning
- Carbohydrate counting classes
- Label reading classes
- Specialized weight management
- Access to community resrouces
- Foot, skin and dental care guidelines
- Behavior change strategies, goal setting, risk factor reduction and problem solving
- Preconception, pregnancy and gestational diabetes guidelines
- Education resources in Spanish and English, as well as other languages
Insulin and Diabetes Medication Administration
- Self blood-glucose monitoring
- Benefits, risks and management options for improving glucose control
- Insulin pump training and management
- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion pump assessment and education
- Seven day continuous glucose monitoring
Staff are available for assistance and physician referrals during the following office hours:
Monday, 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Tuesday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesdays extended hours: 8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Telephone: (336) 878-6902 | Fax: (336) 878-6015
Street Address: 319 Westwood Avenue - Lower Level, High Point, NC 27262
Mailing Address: P.O. Box HP-5, High Point, NC 27261